What I'm Reading
Stepping Heavenward by Elizabeth Prentiss
"Katy," Helen inquired, "do you always submit to God's will?"
"In great things I do," I said. "What grieves me is that I am constantly forgetting to recognize God's hand in the little everyday trials of life, and instead of receiving them as from him, find fault with the instrument by which he sends them."
Calm My Anxious Heart by Linda Dillow
What Every Christian Needs to Know About the Qur'an by James White
This is an excellent and scholarly work! I can't recommend it highly enough. This paragraph in his introduction exemplifies his attitude in undertaking this study.
The Christian who writes on this subject must do so first and foremost with a commitment to the highest standards of truthfulness and accuracy. While none of us is perfect, and hence none can claim infallibility in anything we do, our highest goal always must be to honor our commitment to Christ by seeking transparent honesty in all things. Islamic doctrine denies many of the central truths that followers of the Messiah hold dear, and because many today use the Qur'an as a pretext for the persecution of Christians, many Christians are willing in essence to let slide the standard and accept unfair, biased and distorted counterarguments. While I fully understand the human emotion and motivation, I cannot allow myself to entertain such a temptation.
No comments:
Post a Comment