Mere Christianity quote
"I am trying to prevent anyone saying the really foolish thing that people often say about Him, "I'm ready to accept Jesus as a great moral teacher, but I don't accept his claim to be God." That is the one thing we must not say. A man who is merely a man and said the sort of thing Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher. He would either be a lunatic - on a level with the man who says he is a poached egg - or else he would be the Devil of Hell. You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse. You can shut Him up for a fool, you can spit on Him and kill Him as a demon; or you can fall at His feet and call Him Lord and God. But let us not come with any patronising nonsense about His being a great human teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to."
Mere Christianity, Book II, Chapter 3
Amen, amen and amen!
I agree. Amen!
ReplyDeleteJenny,
I had no idea about this blog. Love it!
It's my own way of keeping myself accountable to keep reading and to keep thinking about what I read. I didn't tell anyone for fear they might keep me accountable too :-)
ReplyDeleteYou've been found out, my friend! :-)
ReplyDeleteI have to agree with Katrina - love it!
Julie