Sunday, November 3, 2013

What I'm Reading


Gotta love free (public domain) Kindle books!  This is one of my favorite movies so I approached the book with some trepidation.  Would the book do the movie justice and vice versa?  Set in England in the 19th century, North and South paints a vivid picture of the relationship between workers and masters in a manufacturing environment.  I'm challenged to untangle the religious beliefs.    Church of England membership is commonplace and personal beliefs are ambiguous.





















http://www.brightlightsministry.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=108&Itemid=119



EXCELLENT BOOK!  The first book I grab to read when I have time.  But, I might do a review so I won't say much now.  (Oh, just go read it yourself.  You never know how long it will take me to get around to a review.) 




http://www.amazon.com/Peacemaker-Biblical-Resolving-Personal-ebook/dp/B001C34YGU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383511022&sr=8-1&keywords=the+peacemaker






 Resolving personal conflict in a Biblical manner is such an important skill.  I have to discipline myself to read this book as it is not my first choice when I sit down to read.



http://www.amazon.com/Money-Possessions-and-Eternity-ebook/dp/B000FCKCJM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383511250&sr=8-1&keywords=money+possessions+and+eternity






I've had this on my bookshelf for years and have read much of it piecemeal.  My goal is to start at the beginning and read it all the way through.










What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment