Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Review: Becoming God's True Women


Finding a good Bible study for a teen girl can prove to be challenging.  And, I admit I was hesitant to order this review copy.  But in the end I'm glad that I did!

Becoming God's True Women is written by Susan Hunt and Mary Kassian and is divided into two parts.

The first part is written by Susan Hunt and is based on her three year discipleship program for teen girls called TRUE: Becoming a True Women.  This section deals with Biblical principles of womanhood.  Some of these topics include the gospel, glorifying God and God's design in creating male and female.

The second part is written by Mary Kassian and is based on the book Girls Gone Wise- in a World Gone Wild.  This section deals with practical implications on the principles covered in the first section.  Topics include modesty, manipulation, attitude, sexual purity and how the world gets it all wrong.

Overall, this is a great resource.  My daughter has almost finished the first section and has found it profitable.   I would recommend, though, that you preview the second part to see if your daughter is ready for it.  Especially is she is a young teen.  The information is valuable but I think there is wisdom is presenting it at the right time.

 I received this book free from Moody Publishers in exchange for an honest review. 

1 comment:

  1. I agree, there is not a lot of good Bible study material out there for teen girls. It sounds like a pretty good bood, although our daughters are now older and one is leading girls in Bible Study. :)

    ReplyDelete