Wednesday, October 31, 2012

What I'm Reading

Product Details

Pleasing God by Kay Smith - I'm not very familiar with this author or her husband, who is the founding pastor of Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa.  However, so far - I'm in chapter 4  - I've profited greatly from what I've read.  Now to apply it...

There Really is a Difference - A Comparison of Covenant and Dispensational Theology by Renald Showers - I'm forcing myself to get through this book not because I enjoy it but because I really, really want to understand it.


Marriage to a Difficult Man - The Uncommon Union of Jonathan & Sarah Edwards by Elisabeth Dodds - I read this a few years ago and really enjoyed it.  It looks like it is out of print which is really a shame.  

Dumbing Us Down - The Hidden Curriculum of Compulsory Education by John Taylor Gatto - A classic in some circles.  I'll give it a try. 

I've also read an inordinate amount of fiction lately.  I was hoping to recommend some it them but they weren't well written.  

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you sure are a reader Jenny. I'm almost through with Marriage to a Difficult Man, I just have all those appendises in the back to get through. It was a good book. I would have appreciated more pictures or maps of where places are since I'm not familiar with the location of various eastern towns.

    I've always wanted to read Dumbing Us Down. Maybe someday...when the girls are all grown. haha.

    Have a blessed week/end my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jane,

    Yes, I do read a lot, but that is what I enjoy in my free time. No crafty stuff for me. :-)

    Wow, you are reading the appendices. I'm impressed!

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete