Saturday, June 25, 2011

Review: Peril in the Palace

Peril in the Palace (AIO Imagination Station Books)
Peril in the Palace is Book 3 in the Imagination Station series from Focus on the Family.  A couple of months ago I had the opportunity to review Book 2 in the series, Attack at the Arena.  My girls LOVED that book and were ecstatic when Book 3 arrived in the mail.


In Book 3, cousins Patrick and Beth go on yet another time travel assignment.  This time they end up in China at the palace of Kublai Khan with famous world traveler Marco Polo.  As I said in my previous review these books are "reminiscent of the Magic Tree House series in the writing style and basic format.  However, where the Magic Tree House comes from an evolutionary and pluralistic worldview, The Imagination Station series is distinctively Christian."  

I feel that the author does a good job of accurately presenting history without taking too many liberties.  There was one historical figure that I couldn't confirm existed (a granddaughter of Kublai Khan named Beki), but she was a minor character in the book.  


I would highly recommend this series.  You won't be blown away by amazing writing, but I think this series is perfect if you are looking for historical easy chapter books.


I received this book free from Tyndale in exchange for an honest review.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment