Sunday, February 13, 2011

What I've Been Reading

I finished Instruments in the Redeemer's Hands by Tedd Tripp which I was reading with Katrina.  It is an excellent book packed with Biblical tools to help anyone help anyone.  (No, I didn't stutter.)  This book was packed with a lot of information.  Almost too much to absorb the first time through.  Fortunately,  I am going to be reading another book by Tedd Tripp, Age of Opportunity, which I'm sure will review and build on some of the things I already read.

In the Bible I finished Genesis and Galations and moved onto Exodus, Luke, Proverbs and the Psalms.  My method is a bit unconventional.  Instead of following a Bible reading schedule, I choose an OT and NT book, read at least a chapter from each daily, and mark it on a form similar to this.  Finishing a book results in a reward.  No, not cookies.  I get to take a colored pencil and color in all the little boxes that I marked off.  I don't know why, but this is intensely motivating to me.

Homeschooling....I've been reading quite a bit about high school.  I read Homeschooling High School and  perused Senior High: A Home Designed Form-U-LA along with several articles online.

I'm finishing a book called The Chase by Jerry Bridges which I will write a review on.  The jury is still out on if I will give it a thumbs up or a thumbs down.  And, for my classic, I'm reading The Adventures and Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes.  It is nice light reading for when I'm tired.

What are you reading?  ("you" being my one reader :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment