Saturday, May 22, 2010

Memorizing Verses

I'm great at setting up systems.  I'm not so great at following them.  I've started several "systems" to help me memorize and review verses, but I've never kept up the maintenance of them.  I'd loose the blank 3 x 5 cards that I was supposed to write the verses on, or worse yet, I'd loose the stack that I already wrote up.  I started highlighting in yellow in my Bible the verses I'd memorized, but then I lost my highlighter.  And the list I kept on the clipboard, well, someone needed the clipboard and my papers disappeared.

So, I was skeptical when I found the free website, MemVerse.  What if I lost my computer?  Unlikely, I know.    However, I've been using the program for a couple weeks and am delighted with it.  You add the verses that you want to memorize (many are already in the database so you just have to click on them), and login daily to practice.  You rate yourself on how well you know the verse and it automatically sets up a schedule for you to review it.  The website has great information so I won't go into detail on the "how" of it.

If you try it, leave a comment with your thoughts.  I honestly haven't found anything that I don't like about it.  


1 comment: