Thursday, March 4, 2010

Cookbook

I couldn't cook when I first got married.  Our meals were either Hamburger Helper or hamburgers with mashed potato and corn.  No, I'm not exaggerating.  We ate out a lot.  I've come a long way but considering where I started but I still could use improvement.   So I've had to make an intentional effort to expand our selection of meals.  And, here is where a book comes in.

I really enjoyed this book.  It was a library book but it is definitely on my someday list.  Truthfully, I've only tried one recipe so far.  And, well, it was chopped chicken in a pink* sauce that you serve over rice.  It tasted better with our eyes closed.  Pink food is, well, just wrong.  (*pink is what you get when you mix salsa and sour cream)  Pink food aside, I did mark several recipes to try that sound great.

Family Feasts for $75 a Week: A Penny-wise Mom Shares Her Recipe for Cutting Hundreds from Your Monthly Food Bill (Paperback)

Another resource that helped broaden our menu selection is Emealz.  I subscribed for 6 months and found many great new recipes.  Two more favorite resources:  Tammy's Recipes and Allrecipes.

Ironically, we did have mashed potatoes and corn for supper.  Some habits die hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment