Thursday, February 11, 2010

31 Days of Praise

The Lord has allowed a few trials to fall upon my path recently.  Not major trials, but enough that my sin nature has been prevailing.  Through these trials the Lord has not only convicted me of my sin but has also taught me much about praising Him.  As part of my morning devotions I read a book called 31 Days of Praise.  I highly recommend it.  It is in a daily prayer format and the purpose is, well, to praise God.

"Father, I'm so delighted that You are both loving and sovereign and that You cause all things to work together for good to those who love You, to those who are called according to Your purpose.  So I think You for each disturbing or humbling situation in my life, for each breaking or cleansing process You are allowing, for each problem or hindrance, for each thing that triggers in me anxiety or anger or pain.  And I thank You in advance for each disappointment, each demanding duty, each pressure, each interruption that may arise in the coming hours and days.  
In spite of what I think or feel when I get my eyes off You, I choose not to resist my trials as intruders, but to welcome them as friends." 
Did you catch the scripture in those words?  At the end of each day she lists the scriptures that are used in each paragraph.  In the selection above, she paraphrased Romans 8:28-29, I Peter 1:6-7 and James 1:2-4.

1 comment:

  1. I love this book. It's because of you, Jenny, that I know about it, and I really appreciate that.

    ReplyDelete